Demon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon

Nothing special, and not about demons.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pirate's Life

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:04 pm

**REVISED

The lanky crew stalked close behind their Captain, silencing anyone who happened to glance their way with an icy glare. The group of pirates that sent the brothel into a hush of whispers were well known for their secrets and the Captain with the scar, Cameron.

"It's Captain Cameron Lozier." A bystander whispered to their small boy, a child no more than ten years of age. "He's a pirate, Johnny."

"A pirate?" The boy yelled with glee, as if he'd never seen one before. A member of the crew smirked at the boy. Cameron did as well. The boy stopped his staring. A woman pulled him close as Cameron separated himself from the pack and took three paces in his direction.

Unbearable silence filled the room as the notorious Captain looked down at the child, the scar on his left cheek looked raw under the pale morning sun. The boy's eyes gleamed a beautiful blue as he stared up at the Captain, unaware of the horrible things the older man could do to everyone in the room.

"Ya ever seen a pirate, boy?" Cameron chuckled, a voice thick with years of salt from the sea.

"No s-sir." The boy stumbled, his eyes still sparkled. Daringly, and to the shock of everyone in the room, the boy added, "You a real pirate, sir?"

The entire crew burst into a fit of throaty laughter. Cameron was a pirate all right.

"Am I a pirate?" Cameron was laughing the most of the crew. "Boy I'm the Captain of this lot behind me."

Cameron nodded to the six men behind him. He only took these particular men into town with him, the rest of the crew stayed with the ship, or wandered alone. Walter and Ralph Haert stood among them, brothers, they'd been with Cameron ever since the beginning of anything. Walter was the oldest, Ralph was still years older than Cameron, but the three were as close to a family as any of them needed. The other four, Arthur, Piers, George, and Hugh, weren't as close but Cameron trusted them with his life on the battlefield.

The boy was astounded. His face mirrored it, the way his mouth drooped open and his eyes continued to sparkle. "I want to be a pirate." At this statement his mother started to reel him into her arms.

Cameron's face turned dark as he paused his laughter. The crew didn't pick up on it over the sounds of their own continued chatter. Cameron reached a thick, black leather gloved hand out to the boy's shoulder and pulled the boy's face inches to his own. He whispered a dark warning. "Don't ever wish to be a pirate, boy, or I'll know. Be a lawyer."

It didn't even phase the boy that the man had delivered a threat, a warning of his own future. All the young boy could do was nod his head quickly and retreat into his mother's arms. She quickly ran from the brothel, upset she'd even pointed the man out.

"Alrighty boys!" Cameron yelled over the crowd, not that it was necessary as they were silent as the night. "Free drinks for [/]The Veil[/i], or suffer our wrath."

At that instant, half of space emptied with a steady flow of people headed for the door. Perfect, Cameron thought, Some quiet for my head.

Drinks came around faster than the men could sit in the old creaking chairs. At last the men were at peace, the brothel quickly filled up with the laughter and conversation of the six pirates.

"Cameron." Walter asked. "What are we waiting here for? The storm isn't coming for another two days, we could've made it to Havensdale, they were there."

Havensdale was the intended destination, some hundred miles North, but Cameron refused to sail in the storm. He couldn't risk losing his ship like the Captain from his past, his first Captain.

"I know they're there." Cameron sighed. He was referring to the men who'd spoiled his name so early on in his life with the brand of 'murderer'. Every pirate killed, but when a man killed his Captain it was wrong. The accusation would haunt him forever, the scar on his cheek served as a constant reminder from the men who gave him the brand. "They're probably laughing up a storm, thinking I won't brave it to get them. They'll get lazy, stay in town a few days, and we'll catch them."

Cameron combed the greasy black hairs from his face and scratched the small stubble growing on his chin. He was comfortable here in the bar, the only good thing on the godforsaken lands of earth besides the sea.

"Cap'n Lozier!" Piers, a young doctor with a bleach blond head of hair yelled out with his whisky in hand. "A toast to a successful heist in Johanna!"

The crew raised their mugs and cheered along with Piers, even Walter stopped his argument to raise his class. The Captain grinned, his scar and the gleaming passion in his eyes made him unbearably devilish.

"Get used to the taste boys, we're gonna be here a long while!" The Captain raised his mug and clapped it to the others, chugging it down soon after.

He wouldn't admit it, but they would be landlocked until their Captain was sure the storm passed safely over the Port of New Jamison.

"To the Captain!" Hugh joined in, the entire crew was chugging down rum and whisky faster than it was being served. Glasses shattered as they fell to the floor by the drunken crew. Cameron sighed happily, deciding his crew was drunk enough for him to slip out. He'd only gotten buzzed off of the glass of whisky he happily had shot down his throat.

Cameron stood, Walter Haert mimicked the action. He didn't drink with anyone but the Captain, a strange attribute for a celebrating pirate.

"I won't be long." Cameron grinned, he was absolutely devilish the way his lips curled just below his scar. Walter hated that smile, it meant he was up to no good.

"I don't care." Walter argued, he stayed close to his Captain as he pushed open the door and emerged into the alley road. Fresh salted air splashed him across the face with a frozen intensity. It was to be expected if he was going to follow the Captain. "Where are you going?"

"There." Cameron pointed through buildings to a cliffside just off the coast a few miles up. At the very top was the remaining half of the town, only the oldest residents lived on the cliffs. He buttoned the golden clasps of his blood red coat, thick as burlap and eye witness to his many battles. Besides the gloves on his hands, and the jolly roger bandana tied over his curled black hair, it was all he needed to brave the path to the old town.

"Why are we really here, Captain?" Walter asked, his graying eyebrows raising in suspicion.

The two had made it to the port decks along the shore, the path would lead them far enough along the coast to get to the base of the rocky cliffs. Walter stretched out his back, too old for the climb that would ensue.

"Why do pirates go anywhere?" Cameron grinned his devil grin, and couldn't help but wink at his First Mate. "A treasure of sorts."

"You're a devil, Captain." Walter smirked, but followed his Captain along the docks. "A devil in a young man's body."

Cameron laughed out loud at Walter as they trudged up the steep path to the cliffs. The seawater lifting up from the waves had long killed the grassy slopes, and infected it with a white layer that reminded Cameron of the snowy ice caps to the North.

They walked into a dimly lit pub, completely void of life if not for the bartender scrubbing the tables with the inspiration of a sloth. He was round, clean shaven, and his arms were littered with scars, presumably from bar fights.

"Cap'n Jonas." Cameron said with no passion in his voice, only a cold familiarity with the man. Walter didn't recognize the man at all, the years weren't kind to the now old Jonas.

"Whaddya want- oh! Cannon! Didn't know you would be stoppin' by. Woulda prepared my finest bottle o' rum for ya. Walter!" Davy put down his rags and finally walked over to greet the men properly. Cameron cracked a grin as they shook hands, Walter was confused.

"The Jonas?" Walter asked, dumbfounded. Walter was able to recognize the man more clearly after looking past the scars and the gray head of hair. "This is the Captain you worked for in the Battle of the Empires?"

The Battle of the Empires, a glorious day for pirates everywhere. Captain Jonas lead his crew, Cameron included, into an epic battle that lasted for weeks on the sea. Jonas created a short alliance between dozens of Captains, all eager to tear apart the Empire and reap the treasure. It was in this battle Cameron earned his nickname 'Cannon Cameron' for his outstanding skill with the cannons on Jonas's ship The Ciao Bella. His ship lead the masses into an all out war, and his ship came out unscathed. It was the day Cameron earned his title as Captain, the happiest of his life. It was also the day Jonas decided the pirate life was not for him.

"Sure is." Jonas said cheerfully, it was hard to imagine the man as once being a pirate. His aged face was filled with signs of a happy life in the town of Old Jamison. "I don't go by Cap'n anymore though. Doesn't suit me. That doesn't mean I don't deal with pirates today!"

"Why didn't you just say you wanted to visit your old Captain, Cameron?" Walter sat down on an empty barstool and propped his head against his fist. "Honestly."

"I'm not here for visits Walter." Cameron assured him. "Our friends in Havensdale aren't really there. Jonas here had an old friend tip me off back in Johanna. That, and we were out of rum. Jonas has the best rum on the goddamn planet and I wasn't about to pass on through without picking up enough for my personal stocks."

"Really Captain?" Walter sighed, almost disappointed he wasn't drinking back at the brothel with the rest of the crew. In a few moments, Cameron was about to use him as a pack mule.

"You're helping me carry it back, secretly." Cameron said happily. As Walter was distracted by the sudden overpowering of his capabilities, he was being used, Jonas slipped the Captain a map. He nodded once, and passed the men off crates of the finest rum.

"Nice seein' ya Cap'n." Cameron yelled as they headed out the door.

The two headed back for the ship. Night was creeping up on them as they loaded the stocks into the Captain's personal quarters. The slight rocking of the ship brought comfort to Cameron's sore feet. It lulled him to sleep.

Back to top Go down
https://d-mon.rpg-board.net
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:20 pm

The Treasured Deep. Home sweet home. Of course it wasn't truly her home, but more of a sanctuary for people like her. Misunderstood, and forced into a certain fashion but now was the time of rebellion.

In her hands were multiple dishes she was currently putting into their correct places within the higher up cabinets. The job was simple, and yet Jonas still paid her a happy amount. Normally after her shift, she would run home to her father, and continue to be wooed by the caring Robert trying to win her hand. But she didn't want to have any of it.

Without thinking, a plate slipped from her grasps, but without hesitation she grabbed at it, securing it into her chest. A short laugh erupted from her knowing that without all the sword training she had been taught, ALL the dishes might have been broke by now. She was a graceful idiot. Hard to imagine, but possible.

Humming silently to herself, she continued putting the massive pile of dishes away before hearing a set of boots...no...two sets of boots bounce off the wooden floor of the bar. I thought we were closed... She thought silently, as she carefully placed the dish onto the side of the counter, and scooting closer to the door leading into the parlor.

The drawl of their voices, and the harsh tones only led her to suspicion. Blue eyes peered around the corner, letting a few curls slip in front of her shoulder. Her instincts correct, pirates. Delight aroused in her eyes as she pulled herself back into the dark room. Turning to the side, she spotted her pack. Of course it was covered up, and well hidden but inside were sets of clothing just in case.

To some it might have been a curious thing for a daughter of a governor to even be here, and even attempt of an escape but she was desperate. Robert...along with restrictions...it just wouldn't do. She wanted the oceans. She wanted the life of a pirate.

With no further ado, she picked up the bag, slinging it over her shoulder as she walked silently to the back door. Her hopes? To commandeer a ship. If only she could. As she walked out, she moved a board attached to the building, revealing a long slender blade. The hilt was a mixture of green and blue rough ribbon, letting the blade have a bit more flexibility, and personality.

Carefully she slid the sword and belt around the bottom of her maroon corset as she cowered down as the two pirates strolled past the little end she was at, also heading towards the dock. She would follow these two at a great distance to reach their ship.
-------------------

After about an hour later than when the two entered the ship she had waited for most of the crew to be asleep, or be too drunk and sleepy to even notice her. One hand rest on her sword, as she meandered through the detail of the ship. In the middle of the ship was a door. Innocent enough, and hopefully somewhere she wouldn't be found immediately. On her way to find some sort she encountered upon a cabinet.

It was a beautiful detailed cabinet. It enticed her to open it, and so she did. Her slender hands went up to grab the handles, as she opened it. It was a wine cabinet, but all of the slots were empty asides from two. One was bright clean, and gold trimmed. She pulled it out and looked at the name, 'Regal Rum'...The name never ringed in her mind. At the bar she worked at, she heard of pretty much everything..but not Regal Rum.

After (mysteriously..lol) pulling the cork out, she took a quick swig. Immediately she almost felt a bit woozy, probably from the smell of the alcohol wafting through her nose. But it had a taste to it, almost close to heavenly. It wasn't like her average drink. Looking up, she took another swig as she looked at the bottle hidden in the back of the cabinet. It was covered with cobwebs, and didn't even have a label. It might have even been poisoned.
--------
With half a bottle left, her mind was completely sunk. The light sway of the ship, and the turning of her vision caused her to move around in circles. At the next light sway of the ship, she suddenly fell backwards, falling into a circular container. It was a wooden barrel with a ring of rope under her butt. She took another drink, not even acknowledging her current condition as she fell asleep with the rocking of the ship.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:00 pm

It was early, the moon had sunk into the seas with the sun barely creeping over the opposite horizon. Cameron had slumped into his roped hammock late last night, and suddenly heard a 'thud'. His eyes fluttered open for only a moment before he shut them and rolled onto his side. He swung a hand over the side his makeshift bed.

"Damn rats..." Cameron mumbled and fell back asleep.

---------------------(lol time passing byyyy)-----------

He'd slept great, better than great. Who would've thought a grimy old hammock could bring comfort to his bones after only one day on land? Cameron happily stretched his arms to the ceiling of his private quarters and walked out onto the main deck. He could hardly even tell that his rum cabinet had been cracked open.

"G'mornin Cap'n." A grumble parted from the young Ralph Haert's lips. He was the younger of the two brothers, Walter and Ralph, and was nothing like his calculating older brother. He was thick as the boards of the ship with a rough brown beard. The very muscles that constructed his arms were made up solid steel. However, it left little space in his brain, meaning he was dumb as a pile of bricks. The man was intimidating, and he knew it full well. Cameron was the only person who could get within three feet of the man.

"Morning Ralph! How's the head? My boy's aren't too hung over are they?" Cameron inhaled the sweet salts of the sea, and exhaled with a smile on his face. It was a beautiful day to set sail.

"Eh." He grunted and shrugged his massive shoulders. It was the equivalent to something like. "We're pirates, we're meant to drink, and we're fine."

"Good to hear." Cameron patted him on his muscled back and moved towards the middle of the deck. There, he spotted Arthur and Hugh. They mumbled a 'Captain' as he passed. He dipped his head and nodded two fingers from his forehead, and he mumbled a 'Boys' as he passed.

The Captain scanned the skies. If he ignored the clouds that passed slowly overhead, the day passed as sunny. The seas were calm. Light waves lapped up against the wooden dock and formed a bright white sea foam.

With hardly more than a word to his crew, they were already setting off into the sea to places only Cameron knew. They'd traveled for miles until the shore couldn't be seen, and Jamison long behind them. Cameron was the only one who could be happy after receiving his new crate of rum. The crew thought there was a storm, but it must've passed. That was all they knew.

Ralph Haert retreated into the crew's quarters when he was sure the shore was gone. Just then, Walter had burst from the quarters with an insane fire in his eyes. George, the lanky man with the maps, was close behind. He rolled a barrel in front of him and it stopped short just in front of Cameron's tall black boots.

"Captain. We have a bit of a problem." George huffed, obviously out of breath. He tipped the barrel up and pulled the already popped lid from the top.

"Well yeah we do, you're opening supplies before they should be ope--" Cameron was ready to scold the man for wrecking supplies. Walter, flustered, tipped the barrel on its side. A girl, a tiny girl, rolled out of the barrel with Cameron's favorite brand of rum in her hands.

It was empty.

"This. This is the problem." Walter jabbed a finger at her. She could hardly hold up her head as she rolled in a manner that suggested she was hungover.

"I'm not seeing this." Cameron mumbled to himself, mostly. He held up his hands to his temples and rubbed in circles. Women were bad luck on ships. They kraken, deadly waves, he didn't care what came. She just had to go.

"Captain, what do you want to do?" Walter asked. He was running his hands through his graying hair. His eyes, like the entire crew, who had come to stand in a huge circle, bulged out of his head. "Captain Lozier?"

"Men, get back to work! I'll deal with her." Cameron growled. He kneeled down so he could see the eye to eye with her. His blue eyes, deep as the ocean itself, stared sadly at her. He couldn't throw her overboard, and yet she couldn't be here on the ship. She stared back at him with her own blue eyes.

In fact, he almost felt sorry. She had to have stumbled onto the ship, and no one bothered to check all of the supplies before they set off, and now she was stuck. That, and she drank his rum, it was powerful stuff.

Cameron leaned in and with his lips almost pressed against her ear he whispered. "Follow my lead, or I really will throw you to the sharks. Got it?"

He pulled her up off her feet and slung his arm over her shoulder. She could barely stand. Cameron did his best to support her. If she vomited on his classy coat, he would strangle her though.

"I'm going to lock her up. She'll be staying with me." Cameron cooed, he winked to his first mate, Walter, and strode away. He led the girl to his quarters as men cheered on this ship. "By sundown, she'll go to the sharks, unless I deem her to be acceptable!"

More cheers erupted from the ship. When Cameron shut the door behind the two, he all but threw the poor girl into his hammock. He then stripped from his coat and tossed it to her.

"Just in case you're cold or something... Wait!" Cameron yelled. "Who the hell are you, and why are you drinking my rum? The Regal Rum, too?! Honestly, do you know how hard that stuff is to find?"

He paced his room, awaiting any sort of noise from the girl.

(The main four excluding the Haert's, Arthur, Piers, George, and Hugh. I'll try to say their names as often as possible but here's a quick info. bit below---

Piers-the blonde doctor
Arthur-deckmate, often seen with Hugh
Hugh-deckmate, often seen with Arthur
George-navigator/the map guy)
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Waking up was misery filled. Not only did she have a sudden headache from hell, but there were angry yelling voices. At that point of time, she wanted to just yell and beg them to quiet down. This was all before she was suddenly poured out on the deck floor, face into a set of black shiny boots.

Before she could complain about them being so rude to her she was suddenly stood up, and slightly supported by the man's arm. The sudden jolt made her sick to her stomach as she was whisked away. The next few minutes went by quick, and she took no bother paying attention to what anyone was saying. Her knees couldn't keep straight enough to support her, so she clung onto him desperately.

When he moved her to the hammock, she simply fell onto it being too dizzy and nauseous to even care else wise. His coat was thrown over her, giving her body a sudden warmth from it being on him for so long. The smell was salty and of something else she couldn't place her finger on.

All changed when he spun around, and started shouting at her, increasing the pressure on her skull. Which in return really just pissed her off.

Moving her body up a bit, she pulled the brown curls from her face, not too pleased at the sight. It was the man from yesterday. He must have been some higher up. But it didn't matter, he just looked very fuzzy.

Clumsily, she reached down for her blade, pulling it out at an awkward angle causing her to sway side to side as she pointed it at his gut. Her hand was not steady at all, so the blade merely spun in circles in a circumference of his midsection. It was pretty pathetic.

"I shhhould bee the one ashking the quhestions hereee" She said, looking at him with a determination that only a drunk could manage. "I whanted the rum shooo I got it!" She shouted. "Damn bastard and their rummm" She continued on, "Drunk menhh make me alwaysss workhh!" She cried out furiously.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:12 pm

"Oh you've got to be kidding me. She's drunk." He walked a few paces towards her and threw his hands in the air. "You're drunk!"

"Soo?" She slurred, the sword in her hand swung dangerously close to his chest. One slip and it would impale his abdomen.

"Give me that." Cameron pulled the sword, blade end, out of her hands. He was suddenly glad he was still wearing his black leather gloves, or it would've sliced his palm right open. He took the blade and tossed it easily across the room.

"Heeey, that's, that is Mine!" She slurred again. His coat was still carelessly lying atop her fragile body.

"Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to sneak aboard a ship of pirates?" Cameron stood directly in front of her and gripped the sides of the hammock. He leaned his face in until it was barely a foot from the first curls of her hair, his own hair brushed against her forehead.

"Dangerous..." Cameron wedged himself around her body, so his legs wrapped around hers. As drunk as she was, she shut up.

"Cunning..." Cameron released one hand from the hammock and pulled her chin up to face him. His eyes, still deep as the sea, pierced through her.

"Men. Stumbling pirates, ready to take advantage of a girl like you." Cameron was practically pressed up against her as he growled in her face. "We're men, darling. We can't help it. We either would've left you to the sharks, or... you know exactly what would've happened."

He didn't care she was drunk. Cameron was pissed as all hell. He got off of her and walked over to the rum cabinet. There was nothing there but his special bottle. He wouldn't drink it.

He sighed. "Miss. What the hell is your name? Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Still being a tad bit prissy after the forceful removal of her favorite blade, she stared at him openly hoping for a damn good excuse for his yelling. Which he gave to her quite openly. While his hands gripped the hammock, she scooted back uncomfortably. When he climbed over her, her heart grew cold, and goosebumps traveled her skin. When he laid above her, she remained quiet, looking into the eyes of the pirate. Oh what sights those eyes have seen.

His hand was warm against her chin, only for a moment relieving the nausea out of her system as everything else disappeared. Her breath hitched for a second as she watched him with unease. She understood everything he was saying, and to be honest it made her a tad nervous as she finally understood her predicament.

Honestly she thought that she would be accepted and allowed to travel the seas. That's all she ever wanted. The stories her mother told her, she just wanted to be free of all of the responsibilities she carried under her position.

"My name isss Miranda.." She said, returning the sigh. At this point, she just wished the pirate let her stay, without damaging her in fears of her father. Would the tiny fleet of Jamison even amount to pirate power? And if her father knew that she was on the ship, he would have the pirate hung.

What a shame for such a...handsome man. Pirate or not, she would win this little battle. He deserved nothing from her, he threw her sword. Arms crossed in front of her chest as she eyed her sword longingly as she suddenly devised a quick survival excuse.

"You know, I am the governor's daughter, and if you were to kill or harm me in any way, he would come after you, and in the process hang or shoot you" she warned slyly, turning her gaze to the pirate, playing her cards down carefully.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:03 am

What.

What the hell? The Governor's DAUGHTER?

He played it cool and pressed his fingers together. His head was swimming with thoughts of his ship being sunk to the bottom of the sea.

"Miranda. I'm the Captain of this ship. In case you haven't heard, my name is Captain Cameron Lozier." Cameron hissed. "If I want you throw overboard, it will be done, and I'll be halfway across the ocean before your daddy can ever find your husk floating on the surface."

Yet, even after telling her this he slid his back along the wooden walls of his quarters and stared in a daze at the floor. He couldn't die. There was so much left he had to do. He stopped glaring at Miranda and ran a hand through his hair. Cameron finally noticed the bandana had fallen out of his hair along with the black tie that usually held it together. This girl had the power to tear him apart with the snap of her finger.

"Mira dear, you have three options." Cameron said, and peered up at her from the wall. He peeled the gloves from his hands and tossed them aside, he bit his tongue in fear he would yell, but he calmly told her what she could do. "I will not die. If your father comes after me, I will kill him before I go down. Option one, jump into the sea right now. Option two, I take you back home and you never say a word about what happened. It's only been one day, I'm sure you can make up an excuse as to why you didn't come home to your fantastic father."

Cameron licked the sweat from his lip and nervously ran another hand through his hair. The black button up shirt couldn't have stuck any tighter across his chest as he grew more nervous as each second passed by. His crew waited outside for him to tell them of their new 'princess'. How would he explain the situation they were in?

"You're last option, is to stay aboard. You'll write home to your father and tell him not to worry. If my crew even mentions the town of Jamison, or your relationship to the Governor, I will not hesitate to toss you overboard myself. Am I clear?"

For a normally composed man, his insides churned in disgust. He'd been reduced to threats.

"We'll talk about this tomorrow. Sleep. You're drunk and I won't deal with you." Cameron stood and went to the door, he paused. "Keep the coat for now. Don't puke on it."

He smiled deviously, his scar burned bright before he slammed the door shut.

Damn.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:20 am

Bam, and then it happened. It didn't take long for the nerves to hit the Captain. She could see it on his face, the sweat, the fidgeting. It didn't take a genius to know that she held the young man's heart in her palm. The upper hand, the cutting edge that would guarantee her stay although she knew the captain would attempt to barter at her, only to keep her lips sealed.

His threats cut at her like ice, yet causing no fear upon her. She knew that he knew that there was still an even chance that her father's fleet, or Robert's might already be on their way, but she knew that they probably wouldn't notice due to a conference among the towns that was taking place with her father.

A composed smile remained on her face throughout the options, it all came to one single thing. Silence. As long as she kept her sweet lips closed, she would be allowed to venture the ocean. What better price?

Of course she wasn't allowed to answer, for the Captain rushed out as soon as he finished speaking. She brought on a new adventure, and she was quite a threat for whatever he was attempting to do in the world.

Knowing that she would be more productive AFTER the hangover, she obeyed at least once, and let herself fall asleep to the rocking of the ship with one thing in mind. He would just have to get used to having this deadly siren on his ship.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:40 am

"I hate this." Cameron whined.

"Captain..." Walter sighed. Ralph sat nervously on the other side of the Captain. It was awkward.

"I'm going to die." Cameron whined again. He raised the rum to his lips, but Walter carefully pushed it away. He smiled sweetly at his Captain.

"You aren't going to die." Walter was doing his best to sooth his Captain, who was drunk as any sailor he'd ever seen. He felt like he was talking to a little kid. Their age gap was huge, twenty years at least, but it was sad to see his Captain like this.

"They'll shave by beautiful hair." Cameron didn't cry, but the crack in his voice sent a shock through the brothers.

"They won't shave your hair." Walter said convincingly. Ralph awkwardly patted his Captain's back.

This was the awkward moment the three, near brothers, sat in the bottom of the deck. Their Captain was dead drunk just moments after leaving his quarters and letting the mystery girl sleep off the alcohol. Walter and Ralph, being the only two who could have such a heart to heart with the Captain, had been consoling him through the day as he contemplated his options. His time was up though, Cameron would have to see Miranda soon.

--------------------------------------------- (really enjoys time gaps)----------------

Cameron was sure of his position, dead in the middle between New Jamison and the far away port of Arbor Harbor. He wasn't drunk, and it was high time he went back to see Miranda.

He hadn't changed from his black button up shirt, however now it was held shut by one middle button. He wore the same brown pants with his boots that ran up to his knee. The equally brown boots had been sloppily tied. The scar that was etched in his face gleamed with salty water, his hair was finally pulled back but it too gleamed with salt. He looked slick, evil almost.

"George, take over for a while. I'm going to visit our little mistress." Cameron faked his devilish smile. Every aspect was blown out of proportion.

Under his arm he'd tucked a new set of clothes. He didn't want Miranda dressed as a girl on his ship. If the sea could be confused by her wearing pants, he would try it.

Miranda was still lying on the hammock when Cameron knocked on the door to his own quarters. "You'd better be decent." She was. He strolled in, tossed her the clothes, and got right to business.

"Do you remember your options?" Cameron asked. "Because I want your answer in three seconds. My crew with either greet you as Miranda the stow-away come to stay, or Miranda the Governor's daughter that they'll probably abuse and trade you for some rum at the next port."
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:55 am

Sleep came by easily, dreamless. Those nights went by within a couple of minutes. But a couple of minutes was long enough to lose the aching headache, and wooziness of the strong alcohol. She was just surprised that she lived the night without being attacked or even mistreated.

Cameron, the Captain came in annoyingly loud. Something she wasn't used to...noise. Especially in the mornings. She almost missed the warm wakings from the ladies who worked at the estate. Awkwardly she was thrown some clothes, which she caught quickly in her arms. Her wide eyes gazed up at the Captain with innocence, knowing it was time.

"Stow-away sounds so dirty dear Captain.." She drawled teasingly, moving her feet to the ground beside the hammock. Carefully she raised her body up, testing a few steps before dropping the clothes behind her. She waltzed over to Cameron, placing her fingertips on the man's shoulders, and she slowly made her way around him.

"I say I become a crew member of sorts..." She inched her lips to his ear and whispered, "Honorary crew member" She smiled, backing back down and moving towards the door to retrieve her sword, and place it back into her belt.

"You see, I can be quite the asset" She continued, "I am quite good with a sword, and ask anyone you know at the dock, I was trained by a master at the trade" She said softly. "But of course, I would require food and drink" She added, finally crossing her arms, and propping herself against the door.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:12 am

"You dare ask me for anything?" Cameron inquired, his eyebrows raised innocently. "Of course I'm going to feed you, dear Mira." He teased her back.

Cameron ruffled her curly hair and almost, but not wholeheartedly, grinned. She could stay.

"One wrong move, if you slip up in any way--" Cameron was cut off by the burst of a cannon and the clear sound of the thing hitting wood.

The crew screamed orders at each other. The two in the private quarters could hear Ralph as he screamed his orders. It was what he was good at, fighting, but Cameron wondered why it was even necessary.

Almost as if to answer his question, the door of his quarters blew open on its own to display the view of the ocean. A ship sat parallel to The Veil. She looked brand new, never used, never seen the terrors of the sea before.

"Get dressed. Stay here." Cameron ordered. "If that ship is from Jamison, I can't risk them seeing you."

He ran. Cameron pulled the gun from his belt and shot across the deep waters. If it made contact on the other ship, he didn't know, but one cannon had stopped shooting.

He ran up the short flight of stairs to the wheel and turned, hard. He rammed the ship into the other and yelled at his men to board. They did.

"Get em' good boys!" Ralph Haert yelled, he was fired up with the spirit of the fight. His normally muddy eyes glowed bright as he jumped over the railing of the two ships. Instantly he kicked out the first tiny sailor and threw him into the sea below. "After all, we pirates leave no prisoners."

Cameron mounted the small cannon, just for him. It glimmered gold against the brown wood of the ship, it silently prayed to be blown apart in the battle from practically no use. If cannons could cry out of pure joy, this one would sob it's sad story. Pre-loaded with a cannon, the Captain was ready to go, he grinned from ear to ear.

"I've always wanted to use this thing." Cameron mumbled, adrenaline coursed through his veins. He reached to grab the flint from his coat pocket. It wasn't there. "Shit. Shit. Shit!"

Miranda has my goddamn coat.

Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:32 am

The sound of the explosion caught her off guard, it's loud blast rang through her ears as she heard one of the ship mates call out orders to the pirates. Crap She thought, if it really was Jamison, there might be trouble. She didn't recall any patrolling ships to be making rounds over the perimeter. Hopefully it wasn't a silly rescue party...

Quickly she took the clothes that he gave her, and put them on, making sure to place the belt on as well, then quickly ran over to the bag she brought with her, and took a long black cape with a hood that she packed in case of any stops they might make on the ship, so no one might recognize her. How strangely ironic. With a laugh, she swung it on, and in the corner of her eye noticed the Captain's coat he loaned her.

She picked the thing up, and swung it over her shoulder. Thud. Surprised, she turned around noticing a small black rock looking thing. She bent over to grab it, holding it dearly in the palm of her hand. Well might as well give it to him, she thought as she pulled the hood over her head, and whipped out her sword in the other.

Barging through the door, she took a look around her. The pirates had things mainly under control but sailors from her ship were coming over and starting to fight hand to hand. As she continued to look around, she spotted the Captain on top of what happened to be the oddest cannon she had ever seen with an extremely distressed look upon his face searching for something.

Behind him though was a sailor from the other ship, sneaking up on him, his sword at striking distance. With eyes widened Miranda ran towards the cannon, slashing her sword in a horizontal strike, catching the man's shoulder which in return forced him to drop his sword. Without delay, she thrust her sword forward in the man's chest, causing him to fall backwards into the ocean's deep.

Her hood still covered her face asides from a loose curl, and the soft pink of her lips which rose in a smile as her hand rose up to the Captain. "I demand things of my own need, and speaking of need...I believe you are quite in need of this object" She cooed to the Captain, looking at him for a split second before readying her stance as a sailor took aim at her with a gun from the opposing ship.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: LET THE FAN SERVICE BEGIN   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:52 am

"Down!" Cameron pushed Miranda, not so gracefully, down onto the deck. A bullet whizzed past his head. A few stray hairs floated away from his head. He returned his own, right into the chest of the shooter. He fell over the rails and into the sea.

Too close.

"Miranda. Grab those cannonballs." He didn't even think about the phrasing of his words as he motioned to a pile of rolling cannon balls.

"Where?!" She glanced around desperately.

"Rolling around on the deck! The one with the red x on it. Good god, we're going to have problems."

The sea waved back and forth with the motions of the ship. Black waves threatened to swallow any member of either crew that fell into it's open mouth. Cannon Cameron readied himself. Miranda finally located a heavy iron ball, she passed it to Cameron, who held it in his hand. One was already in the cannon, and he may not have needed the second.

Cameron lit the fuse on the cannon, and aimed afterwords. It shot from the end of the barrel with a familiar bang and cracked the mast of the opponent's ship. That was all it took, one shot, and the mast came crashing down onto the rest of the ship.

"Yes." Cameron smiled. He hadn't smiled so much in weeks. Exhilarated after the shot, he whipped his head around and beamed at Miranda. "Did you see that?"

He loaded the second cannonball. Swords clashed loudly, and guns shot off. Plumes of smoke rose somewhere from deep inside the other ship. Walter and his brother were busy having a good time fighting off a rather tough looking group of men. There wasn't a single man who wasn't feeling pride in being on The Veil at that very moment.

"Fall back!" Cameron yelled loudly.

His crew retreated back. They carried new swords, bottles of whisky, and one man held a silver plate high above his head. The second shot would eliminate the ship. He turned once more towards Miranda and explained. "This cannonball has something rather explosive inside. Trade secret."

He aimed, and waited for the last of his crew to clamber over to the safe side. He lit the fuse, so close. Two shots rang out, one cannon on Cameron's side, and another from the enemy. Cameron could feel a tiny bullet pass through his shoulder, but the explosion of the enemy ship was well worth the pain.

"Now. Honorary Crew Member, Miranda." Cameron turned to Miranda and smiled all too deviously for a wounded Captain. "Please, aid your Captain. Or do you not care for my well-being?"

Cameron peeled off most of his shirt and glanced at his shoulder. The gleam of an iron bullet sat on the edge of his skin, blood trickled down his arm slowly.

"In the next five seconds give me my coat and escort me to Piers on the lower deck. He's the ship's doctor." Cameron said quickly. "Make no indication I am harmed or the crew will turn to you, now, walk with me."

He smiled at her, and opened his arms out as if to say, 'You asked for it'.

(Just... imagine some nice abs.)

Last edited by Laura on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To ease your mind, and add some wonderful joy for ya. Or at least, the beginning of wonderful joy.)
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:55 pm

After Miranda handed Cameron the two cannonballs, she backed off a bit, watching for other pirates. Anytime a shot or cannon shot rung out, she would flinch. The noise was incredible, and the shouts of the crew almost intimidated her, but she held her sword firm.

Cameron seemed to radiate joy as the second cannonball was placed inside the cannon and shot. Trade Secret? she wondered, not sure if she should of the future well being of the other crew. As she watched for the result, in the corner of her eye, she spotted an opponent of the other ship take aim at Cameron. Both shots rang out, and Miranda moved forward to Cameron. A gasp escaped her lips in surprise.

But as if nothing happened, he turned around and addressed Miranda in a calm tone, surprising her. Blood was pouring down his shoulder in a steady stream. With a quick nod, she placed her sword back in it's sheath, and bent over to grab his coat which laid on the ground.

Wrapping it around Cameron, she managed to keep her bearing as she kept a steady eye on the wound, and stood at his side as they walked down to the lower deck, but as he motioned something of a shrug, she frowned at him, and pulled the side of her cloak to wrap around her sword.

"If you would have been more careful...Captain...we wouldn't be in this situation" She mumbled so that only he would hear as she pulled him out of sight of the rest of the crew. The blood was still flowing, and she would prefer him not to pass out. She sighed as she took hold of the bottom portion of his shirt, and ripped a long narrow strip, and held it at his chest. "Hold it there" She said, but then without any hesitation took his hand and placed it over her own to hold the make shift bandage. Her hand slid out as she looked around, "Your gonna have to lead" She added, looking down.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:32 pm

"Sure thing." Cameron winced, but was still smiling as he said it. It had been a long time since he last got shot. The pain was something he thought he wouldn't forget, yet here he was, slapping a sly grin onto his face to mask the burning he felt in his shoulder. "So cute, my little Miranda is already calling me Captain. Such a glorious day this is." He pretended to tear up.

The opponent ship burned as it slowly sunk into the ocean. Cameron looked at his crew, then glanced at the blood on shoulder which was starting to seep through his favorite coat, and back to the crew again. There was only one phrase that would distract them all at once.

"Bring out the rum!" Cameron shifted slightly off of Miranda to raise his fist into the air. He then grabbed his favorite pistol off his belt and shot twice into the air. Both Miranda and the Captain couldn't hear the shots over the entire crew breaking out crates from seemingly nowhere. The Captain smiled, all too pleased with himself. Then, he could let his face twist alongside the sickening pain he felt.

Cameron, hunched over Miranda, instead led her back to his quarters. Piers, the ship's doctor, would be drinking now. God, what a horrible drunk he was. If anything he wouldn't be able to pull the bullet out of Cameron's shoulder without leaving a serious scar. "If something really happens get Piers, okay?"

While Cameron thought she would be distracted, he unpeeled the stretch of fabric on his shoulder and pinched the end of the bullet and threw it onto the ground. It clanked sickeningly and rolled away. The wrap Miranda gave him to stop the bleeding was soaked through with his own blood, but he did all he could to keep it pressed against his wound.

"Hey..." Cameron whispered. He stumbled before sliding down on the wall. The room was blurry, shaking. His blue eyes were probably swimming in tears he dared not cry. A captain was too proud for that, but god, it hurt like hell. Not even able to form a sentance, he asked, "Rum?"

"Here, take it." A voice rippled out of the blurry room. Wherever they came from, and wherever the bottle he could see shaking through his eyes, he didn't care.

Cameron reached for the bottle, but missed. His arms trembled as he pulled. Someone warm and soft tumbled over the bare skin of his chest. His mouth brushed against their top of their head. It was so warm. How could he just let go? With one arm wrapped around his personal heater, he eventually grasped the bottle rolling on the floor. After a few sips he recognized it as his favorite brand, Regal Rum.

"Yo ho, yo ho, blah pirates strife in glee!" Cameron sang. "Something something bottle of wine."

The buzz took off the edge of pain he felt, or didn't feel anymore. The numbness in his fingers wasn't associated with pain, but now drunkeness. Cameron's body dragged itself further down the wall, his heat following close behind, until he toppled over. The person who he'd dragged down with him was muffled under his arm, their head rested on his chest.

"I, I really hope. Like, s-s-eriously. Don't get my bloodd in yer hair." Cameron's tongue stumbled over itself. He took another swig of rum. "It's not too serious! I mean, like, mannn."

Cameron shut his eyes. That warm heat laying on his chest felt so good, he couldn't beat to let go.

Maybe, I should get Piers. He should really see this wound.
Or, maybe I should stay here.
Yes. I'll stay here.

(so, I took a little bit of you're character... but... fanservice.)

Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:08 am

If anything happens call Piers....What a cruel statement. They should have gone straight to Piers with the rate of his bleeding. He would be dead before night's end. She followed him into the room, and for the next few minutes watched as he pulled the bullet from his shoulders, worry marking her face.

After finding a random bottle of rum, she ran back to Cameron, and handed it to him. By now he was wan, and looked sick. But as the Captain reached out for the bottle, his arm grasped her wrist, and pulled her down. Her face hit smack down into his chest. It was firm, and slightly hurt as she fell to her side, but was actually...comfortable.

Cameron's arms suddenly wrapped around her body and pulled her in even tighter. His lips grazed her head, and a light weight was placed there. He said something about not getting blood in her hair, but it didn't seem to matter.

"Piers" She yelled out desperately, still being held close to Cameron, but keeping watch on his injury.

"Piers!!!" She cried out again, looking at Cameron a bit frustrated. "Stupid pirate!" She grumbled, knowing Piers was probably drunk already from Cameron's cry of rum. Her hands pressed against his chest uselessly.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:17 am

Cameron listened as Miranda, who he could positively identify as the heat he hugged so tightly to his chest, called out to Piers. As he drifted in a half drunken stupor, half tired sleep, the ship rocked back and forth threatening to lull him into the same sleep he felt on his first night back.

Alas, the door flew open, and in came Piers. He was short, barely his face would normally reach the Captain's shoulder, and to top it off was hair of a bright, platinum blonde color. The knapsack thrown over his shoulder doubled his width and made him appear to be twice as big around. Piers was the lankiest crew member on board, by far, it helped offset the balance. There was but one half emptied beer bottle in his hands. Assuming he wasn't drunk, Piers was just fine.

"Yes. YES, you called, mademoiselle?" Piers asked, his face shading over a rosy hue. "Oh my, zat looks like fun. Am I to join? Non? Oh well."

It appeared to the Captain as if he were doing his job as normal, and not talking about the wound in his shoulder. It always helped in the smallest way.

Piers kneeled himself above the Captain's head and peered over to examine his wound. Cameron didn't dare move Miranda. Piers quickly looked up at Miranda. "You are going to have to move, petite fleur. I cannot zee 'is wound clearly with you lying on top of 'eem. Please, come lie with me instead!"

Piers shuffled to another side of Cameron and waited with open arms, as if what he said was normal. Cameron mumbled, surprisingly, in French. "Merde. Ne demandez pas les filles de jeter avec vous tant de désinvolture! Pedophile..."

"Ah. I zee she eez your woman. Is that how you say eet?" Piers sighed, finally set on helping his Captain. He reached out for Miranda, with some reluctancy on her part, and rolled her off the Captain. Almost instantly he moaned and shot a hand up to his wound. He missed and slapped his face instead.

Piers rummaged through his rucksack and pulled out gauge. He said nothing more to Miranda as he bandaged his Captain.

TRANSLATION: He's French. Translations in this order, and good luck reading how he normally speaks.
Madam. No. Little flower. Shi*, don't ask girls to lay with you so casually!
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:32 pm

Miranda's cheeks turned flushed as she remained diligent in trying to remove Cameron's arms from her waist. But the harder she resisted, the tighter he held her, until she let herself melt into him, hoping Piers would appear.

A french tinted voice caused her to tense up, as she twisted her body in Cameron's arms to take a look. His accent was french, and he wasn't too bad on the eyes. Her father would have her shot for looking at so many men, and resisting Robert. The thought caused her face to wrinkle.

"About time" She murmered as she began pushing at Cameron again, "I'm trying Piers.." She said before realizing what he had said, and caused her blush to burn even brighter. Blue eyes glanced to Piers with minor frustration as if this wasn't a good time to be asked to court or whatever the man wanted.

Her eyes shot back to Cameron as he spoke to Piers in french sounding quite disgusted with the doctor.

"I'm no one's woman!" Miranda growled to both men as she was pried from Cameron. She didn't quite trust Piers with herself, so she instantly stood up, and backed up against a cabinet.

A sigh came from her lips as Cameron slapped himself, and was worked on by Piers. "Pirates..." She groaned, pushing back long curls of hair away from her face. Her hands reached down, looking at her clothes. Blood droplets covered bits of her body.

As if making sure the blood hadn't got in her hair, her hand reached up to touch her cheek, which she instantly pulled away after feeling something sticky. Blood smeared down her cheek from when she was pulled against Cameron.

"How much damn blood did cha lose, you stupid idiot!?" She shouted at the drunk Captain, angry at his stupidity, Captains were supposed to be invincible after all, weren't they?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:00 am

Cameron lay silent on the floor with Piers at his head, it pounded to the beat of some distant drum. The young doctor sighed as Miranda screamed at his Captain.

"'Ee cannot 'ear you, petit fleur." Piers said quietly. His eyes concentrated, translating back and forth from English to French. He jumped up and spoke quickly in broken bits of English. "Ah! 'Ee eez fine. Just sleeping!"

Piers lifted Cameron up from under his arms. His head lolled to one side, he laughed a little. Piers rolled his eyes and heaved the man over his shoulder before he tossed him onto the hammock at waved under his wright.

"Come. Let us celebrate with 'zee crew! It was a good victory, indeed" Piers held out his hand. It was still stained with smears of red blood, Cameron's blood. "'Ee will be awake tomorrow. Let us have some fun!"
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:33 am

Miranda watched Pier's every movement as Cameron fell into deep sleep. The procedure was quick, and as Pier's hand worked magic, everything seemed to be fine.

"That's good" She said a bit tiredly, pushing her shoulders off the wall, taking a step towards Cameron and Piers. Before she could reach towards either of them, Cameron was flung over Pier's shoulders causing Miranda's eyes to widen.

"Your gonna kill him" She whispered, watching the pathetic sight. Being a pirate wasn't quite what she expected. Nor was the crew nor captain what she imagined.

As Cameron was tossed onto the hammock, Piers turned to her, offering his hand. A victory indeed, at the price of poor Cameron's celebration. But she doubted he needed anymore to drink after his long evening.

"Sure" She said, shaking her head. If you were gonna be a pirate, you might as well party like one. "You better make sure those pirates don't get too greedy with their hands" She warned Piers, but then smirked. "Give me a minute" She told Piers with a wink as she shooed him out of the room.

After he was gone from sight, she walked over and knelt by Cameron, resting her arm on his stomach. It was very warm, almost a tad fevered if not from the alcohol. "Get some sleep Captain" She said with a small laugh. But her eye caught on something. Near his eye was a long scar she had failed to pay attention to.

Making sure he was still asleep, her hand moved to where the scar started, and traced down the line where the skin was rough, and ended near his lips. Her hand cupped the side of his face, and her heart seemed to flutter for a moment as her eyes grazed over his face lovingly.

Shaking the thoughts away, she stood quickly and ran from the room to catch up with Piers. She nodded, "Let's go have ourselves a celebration" She huffed, as Piers led the way.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:04 am

Angelic in touch, and light as a feather, Miranda's hand caressed the side of Cameron's face. He willed himself to feel her hand, and to linger in that moment for as long as he could. However, the rum in his system and the pain in his shoulder forced his eyes to close even tighter and to fall asleep.

Where's she going? Piers? I'm so tired...

On the deck, Ralph and Walter introduced themselves to Miranda. Ralph, a lumbering tower, nodded his head. Walter kissed her hand. He then pulled her in close and whispered into her ear. "Don't worry, Cameron filled me in. Governor's daughter? That's rough"

The older brother only slightly reeked of alcohol, whatever he drank wasn't in his hands now. Before letting the girl loose he sighed to himself and gazed up at the sky, reminiscing about some ancient past.

"No wonder he kept ya on board. Remember Ralphy, brother? Cameron's dad was that politician and whatnot. Makes sense he'd wanna help, right? Oh, pretend you didn't hear Miranda darling."

Piers burst forth from the deck with a crate under his arm. His cheeks were lit up scarlet, and he hiccuped frequently. The crew of pirates all wanted to meet Miranda, sure, she was the first girl to travel with them since ever. It gave reason for celebration. But, the celebration brought about rum, which made them all forget why they were celebrating. So they drank, and drank, and drank, until ey were singing old tunes and dancing barefoot on the deck.

Walter giggled happily, but he remained sober enough to watch over Miranda. It was the Captain's order to keep her safe now.

Last edited by Laura on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:20 am

As soon as her foot stepped onto the deck, she was pulled and introduced to a bunch of men. It was hard to keep their names matched with their faces, but she would have to remember.

One voice in peticular pulled her in close, his lips touching the tip of her ear. Her secret known by one other? Surely Cameron told none. She would have to be careful, but for now she only nodded, and smiled shyly.

She listened closely to his talking, and to be honest was very surprised. "A Politician?" She whispered, remembering she knew nearly nothing about the Captain. But as soon as Piers stepped up with drinks, everyone became drunker, and drunk that everyone started to slur, and trip over themselves as they burst into song.

'Yo hohoho a pirate's life for me!' was sung along with a few other verses, and after a drink or two or maybe three or more was offered to Miranda she stood up and started singing and dancing with the rest of the crew before she tripped over herself and fell on her butt. A happy laugh came from her lips as she stood back up, and wandered towards the side of the boat for something to be stable on.

"Cameron's ship is sooooo bigg!" She said loopily, before singing again. Her body spun in circles, sending her hair flying around her shoulders. She looked wild, and happy. She only wished the Captain were awake.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:45 am

"That's Hugh" Said a sandy haired pirate.
"He's Arthur" Replied a bald man, Hugh.
Arthur, Hugh Piers, Walter and Raloh, Miranda knew these men. Eventually the faes blurred together, forming a mass of pirate identity no one could name.

"Oh come now! Surely you can hold your liquor better than this!" Walter refused each drink that passed his lips. He had to stay sober, to watch over Miranda. Currently, she sat on the floor. Her hair was a mess, it's brown curls whipped in every direction.

She was admiring the size of the ship, which Walter noted, was not very large at all. On the main deck was Cameron's quarters. Beneath the deck was storage and a place for the men to sleep. Piers begged to have his own room for his practices, but Cameron always refused. He said they didn't need it.

"Up you go... But you aren't staying with the men." Walter scolded. He waved his finger up and down, emphasizing his point. "Are you listening? You have go sleep up on the deck. Cameron'll wath you sometimes, and sometimes will stay in the lower deck. Pay attention!"

Miranda giggled as Walter reahed down to a pick her up. Like a doting parent, tending to his child, Walter held out his arms for Miranda. The crew danced on around them, and drank rum at appeared from the heavens. Their faces red, their sole less feet kicked high into the sky. They spun around the two, in a trancelike dance only a pirate old muster the spirit to shake to. Here they were, and Walter had to stop to laugh about the fact that Miranda could hardly enjoy the moment.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:55 am

Miranda stared up at Walter as she reached out for her. Her eyes looked over him as she began to giggle. "The drunk men are better company" She sang out cheerfully as she spun around once more. But was suddenly still and quiet as the rest of the pirates must have noticed them, and began dancing again. Miranda only stared quietly.

"Walter, you must drink but for now I must awake the Captain...surely someoneeee will falll off" She sung with glee on her face as she spun around Walter and darted off towards the room in which Cameron lay asleep.

She lept onto his hammock, sitting on his stomach, with her legs folded behind her. Her hands reached on either side of his face, as she leaned down in closer, not able to see through the blur of her drunkness, and the light of a nearby lantern or something.

Miranda must have looked crazy, her curls wrapped around her face, and his blood was light on her cheek and god knows where else on her outfit. But as bad as she looked, she looked like a 12 year old with the look on her face as if Cameron was a piece on candy.

"C'mon Cammy! The pirates are goingggg crazzzehh!" She shouted with a smile on her face, lifting one hand to move a strand of hair from Cameron's face as she grew somewhat frustrated at the sleeping man.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:14 am

Her face grew closer to the Captain's. The two, maybe three hours, of sleep in solitude granted to him by Piers were rudely interrupted by a crazed face leaning in. The last thing he remembered was Miranda's hands caring to the scar around his eye.

Cameron reached up with one hand to brush the strands into place. After looking closely, Cameron could see just how blue her eyes were and how dilated they'd gotten.

"Cammy is a woman's name. Mira. How much rum did they give you?" Cameron said, pained slightly after she'd jumped on his chest so abruptly. The blood on her shirt reached his eyes, along with the streak of it on her cheek.

Cameron wiped the blood off of her cheek sadly, it was his blood. He could tell from the absence of any cut beneath the crimson he'd wiped away.

"At least you're having fun. I was worried you wouldn't be able to cope with a pirate's life, or saving your Captain..." Cameron said quietly.

Her legs wrapped themselves around his waist. Cameron's hands held her face, he Hhped it would calm the craze of the rum. If she sat still, better yet fell asleep, she would be just fine.

Last edited by Laura on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pirate's Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirate's Life   Pirate's Life I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pirate's Life
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Demon :: Stories :: A Pirate's Life for Me-
Jump to: