Demon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon

Nothing special, and not about demons.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Second Story

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:59 pm

It had been months since their guest had become more of a permanent resident. No one really minded the extra face at dinner, that girl who wandered the estate and got lost within minutes, or the brown head of foreign hair that got so easily confused by tradition she would make everyone laugh with her silly American ways. Her presence was more than welcome.

Every single member at the estate loved her in her own special way. Although he would deny it harshly, Shoji did too.

But, in the few months they'd known each other, Shoji had started to slip back into that aggressive pattern he'd picked up after his mother died. He'd forgotten her for a fleeting moment, at least for his lifetime, and it pained him immensely. How? How could his own mother go so unnoticed?

Shoji's grip on his standard black office pen grew tight, until he snapped it clean in two. Akihito, to his left, sighed audibly.

"I'll go make some tea." He started to get up, but a hand pulled the sleeve of his shirt. That was one thing about having Sohpie around, the American started to cling to each member of the house. Akihito traded in his normally traditional clothes for a long sleeved maroon shirt, and a long pair of deep blue jeans.

"No." Shoji said brusquely. He couldn't lock eyes with the older man. "I just, it slipped is all. The pen."

"Shoji, I can see it, trust me." Akihito said calmly. "I know Sophia has a good effect on you, but it was bound to break--this peace. If you need some time alone, or somewhere to go..."

"Do you think we should talk to him?" A foggy image of a tall tengu woman swirled into Shoji's mind.

"His mother just died, and so suddenly! What about the father?"

"He's off fighting some invisible war." A man shook his head sadly. "The elder has an idiot for a son, but of all the family he has, Shoji is his favorite."

"So you think the elder will take him in?" Another woman joined the conversation. Shoji glared at them with crimson eyes. He was one small child, and he went unnoticed, even for the future head of the clan.

"I doubt it. The child has been so angry since his mother's death... but he is the only male descendant left." Finally, Shoji was noticed, and it shut everyone up. They scattered.

"That's why I'm here!" Shoji yelled suddenly. He slammed his fists onto the low wooden desk in front of him, effectively cracking the center. He sent papers flying, he screamed, Shoji had had it. Over forty years since his mother had died and what had he done? Nothing. "I'm wasting time, but I have to protect her, too! I'm supposed to be here, calming down to catch an assassin no one believes existed. Now? I have to watch this girl, I can't let her out of my sight, but I just can't do this anymore. Akihito, just tell me what to do!"

Last edited by Laura on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://d-mon.rpg-board.net
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:52 pm

After about 45 minutes of walking the long mile and a half with Mami and Nao, not only did she feel like she was about to drop dead, but she also felt a little disappointed Nao wouldn't carry her down the mountain. It was something about it being improper seeing how she was Shoji's to carry and something else about not wanting to make Mami jealous.

They had gone to the store to buy eggs, tea supplies, and other assorted supplies. While they were gathering supplies, she stood outside the store feeling a tad bothered. Now that she wasn't at the estate with Shoji, the spirits had been getting progressively closer to her, and sometimes pulling at her clothes, and strands of hair.

She hadn't distressed Mami and Nao with the information, she was used to it, but it reminded her of the times of when she was a child in the market where she became lost, and had to be found.

By this time, Nao and Mami had came out and let her back to the path where they had to walk the distance again. If only Shoji had been there, like the first time she arrived to the estate, but she felt distanced in a way. Shoji was bust with business with Akihito apparently and had no time for her, which is why she had gone shopping in the first place.

Later when they finally arrived, she rested her hands on her knees, and let out a long drawn out sigh, "Finally home..." She panted, and then walked into the estate, then to the kitchen where she placed the bag of supplies on the counter for Nao to handle.

After walking out of the kitchen, she walked to her room where she quickly changed her clothes back into a beautiful kimono Shoji had given her, and pulled her hair out of a ponytail that held it off her neck. Her eyes glanced over to the wall nervously. Ever since the visit to the village, she had become anxious, and antsy; worried about the past.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:20 am

Shoji had never cried while staying at the estate, it wasn't proper. It didn't show pride or courage or strength, it just proved how weak Shoji really was. Even now, with his head rested on Akihito's back, he couldn't bring himself to shed a single tear. No matter how frustrated he felt. The heat from his face made his skin boil, but he couldn't do it. He wouldn't.

"Shoji. Let's go get you that tea, alright?" Akihito cooed, softly. The man sitting before him was now a small lost child, just like when they'd first met over forty years ago.

"Why?" Shoji mumbled, but still followed close behind Akihito as he led him down the hall and into the large dining area.

Shoji's steps were unevenly paced. A curdling sensation rose up from his stomach and threatened to make him sick. His hands moved to his face, unknowingly to cool his skin.

"Oh, Shoji, good morning." Nao called cheerfully. Ever since the incident with the sleeping pills, Shoji had a little more respect for the once stuttering Nao. There was still this pit of dislike in the back of each of their minds as they remembered when Nao drugged his master, but after a few days Shoji laughed it off. Nao lost his stutter.

"It's so bright..." Shoji noted. He closed his brown eyes, and swayed dangerously where he stood.

Akihito ignored Shoji. Too many hours of stress had built itself up in his master's body. It was no time for him to be working. Akihito forced Shoji to sit on the floor. He crept back to Nao and whispered into the young tengu's ear after brushing aside a few strands of brown hair.

"Nao, he's been pent up in that room for days. When's the last time he's eaten with us?" Akihito asked from behind his stretched fingers.

"Thursday, I think?" Nao whispered back. It was currently Monday. "Is he alright?"

"Tomorrow is the anniversary, the twenty ninth." Akihito said gravely. Nao's face copied and turned a shale gray. "He hasn't eaten, slept, anything. He's been working non-stop on Kitsune studies, all he can think about is work."

"I'll get him something soft, Sophie did tell me about this wonderful American dish for when you get sick..." Nao trailed off, shook his head, and reverted to the original topic. "Right. Some tea would do him good."

"I agree." Akihito stepped away from Nao. "I think Shoji might be sick."

They both turned to find that Shoji had fallen over in place, panting softly into the hard floors. A cold sheet of sweat was visible even from across the kitchen.

"Master?!" Nao yelled.

Akihito ran to his side and propped Shoji up onto his lap. The young master gasped loudly and coughed into the open air.

"Mother?" Shoji mumbled sadly.

Neither Akihito or Nao would ever confirm or deny the fact that the corners of their master's eyes teared up.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:37 am

Sophia had been sitting on the wooden patio outside her room, her eyes seemingly glazed over as she looked over the serene pond that laid further out. It was pretty, and things were peaceful here. Here, spirits couldn't make a fool of her, and hurt her. She felt protected.

The moment ended when voices rung out from around the estate. They sounded urgent, and rushed. Without a moment's hesitation, she stood up and without tripping too badly on her kimono she made her way towards the voices.

The dining room was filled with the tengu, where Nao was freaking out, and Shoji was propped onto Akihito's lap. Sophia knelt down carefully to Shoji, feeling herself even more worried about what happened. Would her blood help? She wasn't even sure, hell she hadn't even seen him for awhile because of business.

Mother. What did he mean? Of course she knew only little of Shoji's past but his mother?

"What happened?" Sophia asked with worry crossing her voice as she lifted her hand to his forehead brushing hair out of his face. His face seemed contorted with pain of some sort, anguish. She just wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:54 am

Shoji bit down hard on his lip until it's surface cracked, a thin bloody line emerged. Muffled, he cried out again. "Mother, I'm so sorry."

"What happened?" A worried Sophia knelt down beside Shoji. Nao did his best not to stutter out a response.

The only tengu missing from the room were Katsu, Ren, and his siblings; Hisoka and Madoka. It was clearly obvious with the absence of the only red heads of hair.

"He hasn't eaten or slept for d-days." He stuttered anyway. Mami was close at his side, with a thin shaking arm wrapped around his shoulder.

"It's tomorrow, isn't it..." Yuji tried to smile, but his face wouldn't allow it. Ryo and Ryuu were close at his side, mimicking the half tormented and half attempt to being joyful. "The anniversary?"

Everyone, save Sophia, looked sadly away from one another. If they could they averted each other's gaze. No one wanted to explain it to Sophia, that Shoji's mother had been murdered.

"Come on." Akihito lifted Shoji bridal style and carefully tread out of the room. Worry was painted across his face like no one had seen before. "Mami, help Nao with Shoji's lunch. Yuji, Ryo, Ryuu, please find me some ice. Sophie, follow me."

Just like that, everyone did as they were told.

They reached Shoji's room, and now that he was comfortably tucked between layers of warm sheets, Akihito breathed a long sigh of what must've seemed like relief. Shoji looked pained, even as he slept. Probably he dreamed about his mother. He always did this time of the year.

"What happened?" Sophia repeated her question. Her whole body shook, and she wouldn't leave Shoji's side.

"Stress." Akihito lied. She didn't have to know. The brutal tale of how Shoji's mother died. Sophia didn't have to be a part of it all. "He's been cooped up for four, five days is it? I don't know if he's been taking meals either." He stood up to leave, although he was suddenly pained to do so. "Just watch him for a while."

Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:11 am

"Stress" She repeated, but it would make sense considering the state he had been in for the last few days without food. How could she have been so careless, guilt swallowed over her like a shadow.

As Akihito left to check on the progress with food and drink, Sophia scooted herself closer to Shoji's side. She felt awkward, and wasn't sure what to do. If it was stress, drink would be his best medicine. But he was a demon, demons didn't get sick did they?

Suddenly Sophia felt completely overwhelmed, and only wished for some sort of answer or a guild to the Tengu. Her fingers clenched into a fist, digging her nails into her palm, cutting into them. Her other hand reached to feel his forehead, but it felt as it normally did.

"God! I am only a human! How am I supposed to take care of you Shoji? If I am so important to demons, then can I not help in someway? There can't be any possible way that I am so special, please tell me how to help you..." She said, feeling tears at her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:27 am

"Don't cry." Shoji said painfully. He reopened his eyes, a bright red in stark contrast to the brown they were five minutes ago. It must have confused Sophia, the look on her face showed. "My body is shifting to its original form, it's... stronger."

He couldn't get up. Through all the sheets and blankets that covered his body like a shield, he was still cold. His body just wasn't strong enough to fight of five days of a stress induced cold.

"Sophie..." Shoji did his best to lift a hand to her face. He had soon found it difficult, and let it hang awkwardly in the air between them. "I am just as human as you are."

For a moment, she looked confused. He smiled softly through sweat and anguish.

"It's a joke." Shoji giggled. "It's funny because it isn't true."

If she didn't know earlier, Sophia now knew how sick Shoji really was. He didn't joke.

"You can't do anything more than you would a human that was sick, right?" He reasoned, oddly level headed for being so tired. "So for now, just warm me up." He barely lifted the pile of sheets above him. "Come here, I'm so so cold."

Shoji smiled again like a little kid.

"Please?" He added.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:42 am

His eyes, a bloody crimson. They were alluring, yet it filled her will a feeling of wanting to run. But she knew better, and she trusted him. Not only were his eyes dark red, but his hair seemed to have grown in length. It fit him well, but it made him more....demonish. How fitting.

His hand lifted, and Sophie took it between her own, and placed it to her cheek, feeling how cold it was, but not wanting his gesture to go to waste. He was only trying to make her feel better. Perhaps this was how Tengu's got rid of colds.

The statement however caught her off guard, and her eyes widened in surprise, but as soon as he called jokes, she frowned lightly at the well played joke. Although it wouldn't make much sense for him to turn human after all of this mess.

All she could do was nod, and when he lifted the covers, she crawled underneath but with the obvious height difference his feet were just going to have to freeze. Her head rested on his chest, and one arm wrapped under his arm and on his shoulder, pulling him into a soft hug.

"Tengu don't spread colds do they?" Sophia asked, looking up at Shoji with a childish grin before playfully covering his mouth is case he would cough.

"Your colds are probably the plague for us humans" She laughed playfully, and then removed her hand and placed it upon his cheek in case his face was cold as well.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:58 am

As far as humanly, or inhumanly in Shoji's case, possible Shoji leaned into her warm palm. It heated his face to all corners and left him feeling sleepy again. It was amazing that a human, Sophie, could do something so significant to make him feel better.

Was it the blood in her veins that did this? Or was it something else, was it just her?

"Mm.." Shoji sighed. He closed his eyes and turned to kiss that warm hand. "I don't think you'll catch what I've got."

"Akihito said you were just stressed though." Sophie said. Shoji nuzzled his face further towards her until his forehead was at the brim of the small plush pillow under his head. He couldn't help but wonder if she was comfortable laying on top of him like she was, draped out like one of the other blankets. Strands of his hair started to curl over her face, it was longer than normal due to his bit of transforming.

Shoji moved without saying a word. Just so she would have that much more room to stay at his side.

"That would make it easier." Shoji sad, filled with despair he couldn't find the right words for. He hugged her closer without really thinking about how close they really were. His legs wrapped around her own, if only to suck the heat from her body.

"Mother?" Shoji recalled some distant memory of his mother's face. Kind, sweet, nurturing, soft, her motherly face.

"Shoji, were you out with your human friends again?" His mother asked.

Her voice would never sound as sweet in his memories as it really did when she was alive. Shoji would never forget her voice though.

A young Shoji nodded vigorously, much too excited to be socializing with humans. But, his mother didn't mind. She encouraged it.

"Humans are very interesting beings." His mother began to explain, she held her first finger up in front of her son's face. "They live on, with such strong emotions, grasping for the true purpose in life. They have so little time on this earth, they have to know what to expect. How to react, like a bird when you try to catch it. It's important for you to know how to react, my little Ji-ji!"

She lept forward playfully and wrapped her arms around Shoji while he laughed madly.

He didn't want her to go anywhere. Time needed to stop for that moment so he could hold her close. It helped him, to distract him. All of the memories welled up inside his heart were repressed by the simple touch of a hand, her hand. If tomorrow came and she was there? He could face the day with certainty.

"Tomorrow, I want to take you somewhere." Shoji mumbled into her Sophie's hair. "It's important."

"If I sprout wings in the middle of the night, you'll want to get someone." Shoji mumbled teasingly. He kissed the hand keeping him warm once more, and let his lips lay carefully in place before he drifted off into sweet sleep. Humans really were interesting creatures.

Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Sophia laid there quietly, feeling more quiet than she had a minute ago. His legs entrapped her in a nice heat pool that she hoped would cause his cold to leave sooner perhaps. She wanted to take care of him with all her being.

For a moment they were silent, just enjoying the moment. The hand that was on his shoulder traced small circles as Shoji began spacing out. She wondered what had him so concerned. She felt it would be improper to ask with him so sick so she decided to just comfort him.

He announced that they would be going somewhere tomorrow and the prospect delighted her, but he would have to wait if he remained sick. Maybe they had short colds, how lucky. But as if reassuring her of him being sick, he remarked a comment about his wings. Slightly afraid, her eyes widened but she only laughed it off as she readjusted making sure he would remain comfortable. Her fingers ran through his long hair. It felt so silky. The more she thought about the handsome devil in her grasps the more sleepy she became.

All until she managed to lull herself to sleep.
------------

Morning came bright into the room, Nao arrived in the room with a tray of food and drink. As soon as he saw her head peek from the covers, he lifted the tray up nearly dropping the hot tea in the process trying to hide himself. But this made Sophie blush furiously as she tried to counter what may have occurred in his mind.

"I am trying to soothe his cold" She said urgently, as she looked over to Shoji. His hair and eyes returned to normal, reminding him of the boy that had saved her long ago. Her gaze returned to Nao as she smiled, "He needs food and drink anyways, hopefully Tengu heal quickly" She said, looking perplexed.

By now Sophia was propped up on her elbows looking at Nao curiously, "The tea...it's for Shoji, right?" She asked with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:40 pm

A quiet murmuring woke up Shoji, earlier than he thought necessary for such a day. His head was pounding and his throat was dry, but other than that he found himself to be comfortable. Sophie had propped herself up next to his awaking body, leaving a small window of cold air to brush into the blankets.

"Y-yes." Nao himself was covered with a blush. He received one hard glare from Shoji, letting him know they hadn't slept together at all, or at least in the terms Nao was thinking in.

"I think it's for us." Shoji whispered.

"That's right, I figured you would want it." Nao said, sadly. He gripped the tray much harder than before and set it down at Sophie's side. The entire set was ornate, white with a leafy green trim spreading through one cup to the next. One small teapot, and four small cups stacked in a pile. Shoji recognized the tea set as one of the few precious items from the main house some hundred miles away. "It's--"

"Orange ginger." Shoji said plainly. He sat up with his best posture, despite protests from his stomach and head. His stomach twisted, and his head blurred what little he could see in the early morning. "Mint, herbal tea?"

"I figured you'd want someone to drink it with." Nao looked down to the floor.

Shoji crawled out from his fortress of warmth and into the crisp morning air. Cold. As soon as he folded his legs under his body he wrapped the topmost layer of his blankets around his and Sophie's shoulders.

"The more the merrier." Shoji smiled, but it was empty. Nao poured three small glasses of tea and gave two to Sophie and Shoji one each.

"To Shiori." Nao raised his cup to his lips and swallowed.

"To mother." Shoji barely whispered it. He gulped down the mixture. It had a bitter aftertaste to it, just the way he remembered. "Nao, tell everyone to head to the grave after I've come back. I want to take Sophie first."

Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:15 pm

She cast a bright smile towards Nao as she was handed a highly decorated cup, which was warm to the touch. It had been awhile since she had a good brew. At least since she started making some at her own estate she had abandoned after the kitsune attack.

While Sophia sat there, Shoji untangled himself from her, including his legs which had been keeping her feet quite toasty. She was about to groan in protest, but that was before the top cover was lifted and dropped onto her shoulders, returning the warmth to her.

She thanked Nao as she took a sip, but found it hard to take down as soon as the toast was made. But the words that both came from Nao and Shoji caused her to gasp and inhale the tea she was drinking. A burning sensation rose in her throat as she continuously kept coughing until her lungs emptied of the innocent liquid.

By this time her whole face was flush, and she looked up at Shoji with an almost panicked look. His mother? Was that why he was acting so strange? He wasn't sick literally, but with grief. Sophia looked down at her empty tea cup. How ignorant of her to not even ask.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know" She said in a low whisper, listening to Shoji as he announced where they were heading off to. Without a hint of a word, she stood up, brushing all her around her shoulder and running her fingers through the light morning tangles. Her cheeks were flushed, she would have to look good for his mother, gone or not.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:53 pm

"It's fine, you wouldn't have known. Shouldn't have, really." Shoji took another sip of a new cup of tea.

----------------

Shoji felt worse each time his foot raised itself to the next stone step. He felt like he'd left his stomach somewhere back at the bottom of the steps. The trip to the temple didn't feel like it had ever lasted this long. However, once he'd made it to the top, Shoji keeled over onto his knees and panted heavily, with a worried Sohpie at his side the entire time. A small array of flowers, fresh from town, toppled out of his hands.

He'd die before he got to the grave.

Shoji gathered the flowers again. Slowly, step by step, he gathered the strength to walk the length to the end of the lines of tall graves until he found his family. Maruyama. Maruyama Shiori.

As if the life had been sucked from his body, Shoji fell in front of the grave onto his knees and stared absently at its bold title.

Maruyama.

The world sucked him and the grave into a vortex, far away from the little town in Japan, until Shoji couldn't even remember his own face. It was just her, his mother, who stood in front of him.

"It's been years, I promised you so long ago." Shoji whispered. "I promised I'd find the man who killed you, because you know I didn't. I'm your son. You loved me more than anyone else ever had, more than father, and cousin Megumi, or anyone."

Shoji sat on the cold concrete, and continued to talk to the grave.

"You know I didn't kill you. I couldn't ever think of it, mother..." Shoji didn't know what to say. "I didn't do it. I'm so sorry, it's taken so long, I'm so sorry. I just..."

Grief and loneliness filled his insides to the brim. The last of his family had abandoned him when he died. There was never a time when he'd felt so alone, when his mother was murdered. He popped into the present to remember what friends he had, at least. His own dysfunctional family. Then, there was Sophie.

"I'd thought you'd want to meet Sophie. She's a friend." Shoji didn't lift his head to indicate the girl standing behind him. "She's a human girl, I thought you'd appreciate that, of all people. She's also the Senka, what are the odds? Sophie..."

Shoji held out his hand after he patted the cold dark concrete beside him.

"I'd like to introduce you to my mother. Shiori Maruyama."
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 am

The walk to the grave was a quiet one. Not much happened or was said between her and Shoji. Her face remained down, watching her feet follow in step with his. The wind felt cold, and moved her hair in and out of her face, so she had to tuck it behind her ear.

When they approached the grave, Shoji went to his knees, and she too did the same behind him, placing a hand timidly pulling at the material on his back. She looked determined, and yet thoughtful as she stared at the name.

"Shiori...what a pretty name" She said absentmindedly, as her hand clenched onto the material a bit tighter as she tried to find her voice, "My name is Sophia Jones, and I have seen spirits ever since I was a little girl, it wasn't until I first met Shoji that I was finally peace at mind...for that I would like to thank you" She said with a smile, looking to Shoji sadly, "I am sure she would be proud...but I am sure she would want you to be strong in her absence" She said in a whisper, as she lowered her hand on top of his, grabbing his fingers with her whole hand.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:16 am

Shoji hardly listened to her kind words, because she just didn't understand how hard it really was for him to climb those steps each year. However, her warm hand made contact with his, and if only a little his spirit was brightened. Some ancient gear in his heart clicked into what little fragment of life it could, and suddenly it all came to him in the form of some great revelation.

He untangled his fingers and laced them through her hand. How was it that this one girl made him feel better? Just like that? He had no idea. Shiori would've found it to be adorable how this girl so easily swayed her son. A human girl, no less.

Without a second more than the sounds of the first drops, it started to rain. Sophie shrieked as it started to pour, she wasn't that heavily dressed. Shoji bolted up, but before leaving he whispered a silent prayer to the grave.

I think every little thing will be better this year, mother. Always and forever, Shoji.

Shoji half ran, half walked, back to the stairs with Sophie still attached by his hand. He stopped short when he was two steps below her and looked up into her eyes, and around the damp hair, smiling. He stood in the rain and just stared at her face, that grin slapped on his face.

"You aren't still sick are you?" Sophie leaned herself over the gap between them and reached a soaked hand to his forehead.

"Thank you, Sophie." He leaned up and planted a soft, rain streaked kiss, on the side of her face. "I'm glad you came with me today."
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:39 am

(FANSERVICE BLARG-De-Dump)

Sophie watched the grave in total thought as well, but felt her cheeks rosy up as large fingers intertwined with her own. It gave comfort to the heart that felt grief to the knowledge of his mother, but was happy to meet her...in a way.

At first she something cold splash onto her cheek, and then another on the top of her head. Then after that they began pouring down, and catching her off guard. She did not want to ruin the kimono she wore, seeing how sentimental it was to her now as she lived at the estate.

Hand in hand, she ran after Shoji back from the site. It was when she felt a slight tug at their hands did she turn around to look at him. They both must have looked silly, standing in the rain, hair sticking to the corners of her face, and soaking the rest of her body. His grin almost relieved her of the stress that he had been feeling, and she returned it happily.

Before she could say something stupid like 'no problem', she felt a warm peck at her cheek. After, she moved her hand to her cheek holding the spot gently. Her expression was soft, but happy. In return, she leaned forward giving him an even more gentle kiss upon his lips.

"For a demon, you sure are a softie" She teased, shaking a finger at him casually. "First you allow yourself to get sick, and here you are trying to woo me" She said, but then laughing softly, gazing into his eyes warmly.

(Sophie is gonna catch a cold like me now! Buahaha~!)
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Sophie leaned in to kiss him, it surprised him more than he let on. Their soaked hands intertwined in the rain.

"I don't think I'm the one doing the wooing here." Shoji laughed carelessly before he untangled his hands from hers and moved them to the sides of her face, locking her in his hands. Her brown hairs turned black in the rain, absently he brushed them behind her cold ears. Just a few moments was all it took for him to etch her forever into his mind before he leaned in and kissed her more passionately than before, their breaths and simple heartbeats synched together to sound like one big drum beat.

Shoji picked her up and jumped her down a few steps before she was carried in his arms ever so gently. A precious flower that cannot be held to harshly.

"I'd fly now, but I'm worried you'd just catch a cold." Shoji smiled. "This'll have to do."

---------------

"The bath is just down the hall." Shoji pointed, humming quietly to himself as he directed a soaking Sophie through the estate walls. No one had ended up leaving after all due to the sudden rush of rain. "If you need anything call for Mami."

He ruffled her wet hair before she strode off.

"Mm. She's adorable, isn't she?" Yuji whistled from behind an unsuspecting Shoji.

Damn pervert. Shoji cursed. He whipped around as if to hit Yuji, but kept himself from throwing his fists.

"Jeez! Calm down Sho!" Yuji jumped. "Just wanted to pay my respects is all, and, well. Megumi is here."

Megumi, Shoji's cousin, was after Shoji's title as clan head. If they weren't related by blood she would have cut him down ages ago without so much as a thought. However, after her aunt's death and uncle's disappearance, she'd been tolerable. Decent, almost, towards Shoji and the estate.

"What?" Shoji asked, he was sure he'd told her not to come. "Where?"

---------------

The door slid open, Sophie didn't expect to see a lake in the middle of the bathroom. More like a crater really. From a first glance, the room appeared to be outside completely. The floor was a stone gray with tiny rivers of sand and pebbles passing in innocent streams around the edge of a giant bath in the middle of the room. Towels hung carefully on all sides of the room, clean, white, and pressed. A separate changing area was now behind Sophie, but there was another door to the far end (the very front) of the estate. It probably lead outside to another area.

There was already someone sitting in the water.

"Oh, and who might you be? A delicate flower?" A voice echoed like a tinkling bell through the room. From the other side of the crater a woman with dark black hair tied in a clumsily made knot sat completely naked under the water. Loose hairs floated around her busty frame, it helped to distort what lie below the water line. Her sharp red eyes focused playfully at the new arrival.

She kneeled forward, resisting the urge to stand up out of the water and scare her new toy away, and then she whispered from behind a soft slender hand, "Come now, don't be shy my delicate flower. Did my brother take you from the village? I haven't seen your face before. Come in, it's absolutely enchanting in this warm, warm bath."

Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:31 pm

The kiss felt overwhelming. Her mind went blank, and it seemed as if they were in a black abyss where no one could change a thing. A moment in time frozen. Never before had she been kissed as sweetly as Shoji had. Before she knew it, she was picked up delicately into his arms. Her tiny body shivered in his arms, but she was in too much bliss to shiver, or even chatter.

A warm bath seemed delightful, especially with the goosebumps that trailed her arm. Droplets rolled off her kimono and hair, she would have to apologize for the mess. Absently, she took off the kimono, wrapping her body within a towel as she neared the water. It took a voice to jolt her from silence as she looked to the water.

At first, the red eyes caused her heart to quickly skip a beat, but soon calmed down at the familiarity. Company seemed nice, but something seemed...odd. Keeping silent, she neared the water, dropping the towel. She didn't want to be rude, and to get out of the chilled air. She stepped into the water, dropping herself until her chest was covered in water, and her shoulders were lapped with water.

"What do you mean took me from the village, it was all willing I assure you" Sophia answered confidently, but keeping a reserved expression with a hint of a kind smile. The water seemed to push away all the chill in her breath away. Carefully she dipped down a bit more, up to her neck.

She watched the stranger carefully, "I don't mean to be rude, but who are you?" She asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:40 pm

"Me?" The stranger smiled. "I'm so glad you asked."

The eyes may have been similar, but the laugh and the smile that slipped out of her mouth were no where near as sweet as Shoji's. It really was a mad cackle compared to his sweet sigh. Megumi playfully slapped her hands through the water, making small waterfalls in front of her.

"My name, is Megumi Yamaguchi, descendant of the Maruyama name. My mother and Shoji's father are siblings." She stopped playing with the water and frowned.

"I don't understand you, humans." She pouted. "I heard you were the Senka, you special girl, so I'm wondering why you're here. Did he bribe you? Tell you he'd protect you? Maybe he just played with your memories, Sho-sho was always so good at that..."

Megumi sat up straight and folded her arms across her bare chest. She didn't look the least bit pleased about being here, in the estate.

"I mean. I can't believe no one blames him for auntie's death. The memory thing." She slapped the side of her head and held it mid-air "For all anyone knows, we could all be under his spell."
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Sophie listened, and when she laughed, she felt herself shudder. This girl was Shoji's cousin and she would have to be polite to her, Shoji probably invited her. It wasn't everyday she would get to meet one of Shoji's relatives although he hardly spoke about them.

Megumi announced her knowledge of her being the Senka, yet every time she heard someone announce it, she felt self-conscience about it. She felt different, and that was dangerous. Hell, that was what even got her into this situation.

"He didn't bribe nor mess with me" She said, feeling a bit confused at the betrayal that Megumi proposed. Of course, he wouldn't mess with her memories, everything was real.

Megumi looked upset instantly, and began saying other things.

"Memory thing?" She asked, hardly feeling though she was baited into a horrible situation, "I don't think he would do that still..." She argued again, trying not to doubt Shoji, but unsure. She felt a horrible feeling tug at her chest, not as relaxed anymore from the heated water.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:14 pm

"Didn't he tell you?" Megumi grinned. This was her opportunity to spread ill within the Senka, and maybe change her mind about choosing Shoji after all. "My cousin, Sho-sho, can manipulate the minds of anyone he wants. He's done it to me before."

Megumi uncrossed her arms and laid them on the edge of the bath, now content with her surroundings.

"He always makes you feel really good, too." Megumi scowled. "Such a weirdo. He erased my memories around my auntie's death. I don't remember anything in that year really. Yet, whenever I try to access the memories, I feel really good."

She slipped down into the bath, leaving her chin above the rippled surface.

"That's just me. He may have implanted memories in your mind, too." Megumi was having too much fun messing around with Sophie's head. Her new toy to tease reacted just perfectly to every little question, every detail. She started to get out of the water, now lukewarm to her tastes.

"Sophie?!" The door from behind the two girls slid open and cracked at the end.

A familiar face barreled into the women's bath. Shoji's face turned red hot as soon as he glanced between Megumi and Sophie.

"Oh, eek, pervert." Megumi sarcastically cried as she draped her hands dramatically over her body. "Sho-sho, I can't believe you'd peak on your own cousin."

"Excuse me." Shoji squeaked out before slamming the door shut in front of his own face.

"Just think about it for a bit." Megumi winked. "And I dare you, ask him about his mom. The anniversary is today isn't it? So the memory is fresh in his head."
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Sophie kept in silence the whole time, feeling the doubt seep into her mind. She didn't want to think about it, but what if Shoji had indeed converted some of her memories to his own cause. Not to mention but her childhood memories that were sometimes too vague to remember as well.

She sank lower into the water, letting her hair flow around her face. But suddenly she jumped at the sound of Shoji's voice, feeling her hands cover her chest, but the majority of her upper body raising above water. Her face turned over her shoulder, glancing at him silently, but so absent minded that she even forgot to blush.

Sophia glanced over to Megumi who was freaking out about her body being shown in such a dramatic manner. At this point of time, it was if as company seemed just too overwhelming. Especially with Megumi telling her so much information, she just wanted to lay down. She felt exhausted.

Slowly, she got out of the water wrapping a towel around her body and turned to Megumi.

"It was nice meeting you" She said softly, not sure if she meant it at the moment considering she wasn't glad to hear everything. With that said, she turned and walked back to her room in a rush. From there, she put on everything American from a gray tank top, to a pair of jeans and socks.

She wasn't sure if she wanted to talk to Shoji although he had been a bit flushed at the sight of the two. Carefully she pulled a blanket from her bed and hung it over her shoulders as she walked over to the sliding wooden doors, opening one a crack. It still sprinkled rain and was cold.

Taking a seat, she watched the rain and was lost in thought.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:07 pm

The two had only just returned to the estate and all hell broke loose. Shoji had seen two naked women, the anniversary was that day, and Megumi was here. All of this before Shoji even had time to register he was still soaking wet.

Shoji glared at Yuji, who he'd just punched. From the corner of his eyes, now red due to the sudden surprise, Sophie darted down the hall towards her room.

"I only asked what you saw." Yuji whined. "Megumi is scary, but does she have a nice pair of--ow!"

Shoji smacked the side of his head. He couldn't conceal the veil of blush, more like a mask, that stuck to his face like a bloody paint. Of all the things to do, bursting into the women's bath wasn't a very good idea. It wasn't as if Megumi hadn't pulled that stunt on him before, but she was his cousin. Disgust replaced happiness, which had long replaced the despair of the morning.

It'd been a long day.

"Well, Yuji, if you're that upset..." Megumi casually strolled out of the bath, her robes were cut so low Shoji had to turn away to avoid feeling embarrassed yet again. Yuji cheered, but was then smacked by Megumi. She cackled and returned to her guest room there in the main building.

Shoji was worried. If Megumi was here, it meant trouble. But she'd met Sophie entirely on accident. Shoji hadn't been able to prepare Sophie for the disaster that would come with his cousin's appearance. He walked to Sophie's room.

"Sophie?" He tapped lightly on the wall. His kimono dripped lightly on the floor. Talking to Sophie, if only to warn her, was the most important thing he had to do. "Can I come in?"
Back to top Go down
Paige
Admin
Paige

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Sophie tucked her knees to touch her chin as she watched the rain bounce off of the wooden porch. The blanket that surrounded her body took most of the moisture from her hair away, so it returned to being slightly dry, and straight down her back. Her eyes seemed glazed over until she heard Shoji's voice.

"Yeah" She said softly, but loud enough for him to hear her. Telling him about Megumi was probably not the best option at the moment. But then again, questions filled her mind to the point of completely send her crazy.

She then stood up, blanket wrapped around her like a dress. She sniffled slightly from the cold wind that entered through the door.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Admin
Laura

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:55 pm

Shoji shuffled into the room and shut the door as quietly as he could behind him. Sophie sniffled by the open door. Rain bounced off of the wooden

The last time he'd talked with Megumi was months ago, before Sophie was in Japan.

"Hah, if I found her, I think I'd just have to kill her myself." Megumi cackled and rolled back onto the tiny pillow beneath her legs. The council gasped in unison. The Maruyama clan head, Norio, shook sadly in his seat. His granddaughter wasn't living up to the expectations of the proper Maruyama bloodline.

Shoji's eyes turned to slits. Of all the things, this most disgusted him. "Megumi, don't be so stupid. Capturing the Senka is of prime importance."

This statement earned a few nods from the council.

"Sho-sho. If we let her live, other clans will only try to take her. Marrying her would be pointless, some other clan could just steal her away." Megumi reasoned. The council split. Some nodded, and some frowned. "Humans are useless, really."

They argued back and forth for some time before Norio finally cleared his throat. Shoji was glaring and Megumi was ready to pounce on her cousin.

"I will decide." Norio spoke slowly, his thick voice reverberated throughout the small room without raising above the whisper it was.

Shoji sat in front of Sophie. It wasn't his choice whether or not she would live. Just knowing made him long to hold her every second longer, like he did then, and to tell her everything would be okay, like he was. He'd whispered empty promises and it broke his heart.

"I lied to you." Shoji said from her shoulder. His grip on her tightened. "I can't protect you from everything. There are far worse things out there than spirits."

Nao and Mami walked past the door. Each of them huffed loudly about their new guest.

"Megumi, for instance." Shoji said cautiously. "I don't know if I want to tell you."

He pulled back so he could stare into her eyes that gazed off past him. His own were bright red. Megumi was around and his defense was up.

"Just stay away from her." Shoji choked up. "She'll kill you if you don't."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Second Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Story   The Second Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Second Story
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next